Meetings and disagreements, couples that come and go, love so liquid that they slip through our hands... This is the author's diagnosis of the sentimental reality of a generation of disappointed women and disoriented men who suffer, in all their rawness, the consequences of the social changes they themselves have brought about. The theory defended by Antoni Bolinches is that an important part of successful women are paying in amorous solitude for their social, cultural and professional achievements, while men who have achieved such pre-eminence optimize their possibilities of finding a partner. Why is this antagonistic result? Why do women have difficulties where men find facilities? In this interesting essay, the renowned psychologist answers these questions and reflects on a new and unjust psychosocial phenomenon of a sexist nature that he has called the "superwoman syndrome".
The definitive solution to the love difficulties of successful women
SOME OF THE CONTENTS OF THE BOOK
GLOSSARY OF BASIC CONCEPTS
For a woman who understands the overall content of the book, here are some working definitions that will be helpful.
QUOTES FROM THE BOOK
- In a love relationship, everything that doesn't add up adds up.
- Whoever finds the way to love himself finds the way to fall in love.
- Remember that the excess of virtues can become a defect, but the excess of defects will never be a virtue.
- Men today do not find the partner they want and women do not want the partners they find.
- Where the best women find difficulty the best men find ease.
- The woman tends to love when she feels understood and the man stops loving when he no longer understands.
- Men, by conforming more, complain less; and women, by conforming less, complain more.
- The more successful a woman is in her fulfillment project, the more difficult it is for her to establish satisfactory love relationships.
- When a woman is both beautiful, intelligent and mature, she becomes so irresistible that she risks becoming unavailable.